Saturday, August 29, 2009

Perseverance


Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. ~Newt Gingrich


Today is a bleachers, sprint, plyometrics, abs and hamstrings day. Say that 5x in a row. It rained last night and I slept so hard. It is wet this morning outside so I know I need to be careful. I am now 3 weeks out from my show in NY and what's even more exciting is I get to see my family especially my mom. Hopefully they will all be at the show and that has me pretty stoked.

My mom's birthday is 3 days before my show. I will eat cake with her after the show. lol. Yep, I just have to learn that even though I am competing life is still gonna happen. I already have been taught this many many times.

In 2005 my husband and I bought our first home, the first year I started competing. 6 months later we had a house fire. It started due to a LICENSED HVAC company trying to fix our old furnace which we where gonna replace in the summer of that year. Well long story short we had to live in a hotel for 3 1/2 months. I dieted down for my second show in an extended stay hotel room. My husband deployed while we where there. So it was just me and my cat dieting, working with contractors and then moving back in. I remember moving back in and packing my suits up on top of all the boxes. A few friends came over and help me cook fish and bag asparagus up. It was crazy, but I learned that you can do anything you want when you are determined.

The show was a 2006 GNC Masters show and you can earn your pro card their. I didn't now that until I got to the show. I didn't even know it was an NPC national show. All in all, I got 6th place and I look back and that was pretty darn placement for a 2nd show and 308 competitors.

Again when you are determined you can do anything-God has shown me that I am more than a conqueror.

Holla back at me anytime-MJ FitChik4Life Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with Fit Chik 4 Life- What's on your mind?