Monday, August 30, 2010

God does not lose focus, we do!

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
~Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy

I used to want to make a difference and make a change in this world and now I realize I must be the change I wish to see in the world.


We can get so caught up in the big picture that we lose focus of the small important details that make the big picture.
When I am growing in Christ there is a sense of assurance no man or women can provide no matter what I'm faced with. However, when I am drifting away or losing focus he has a tendency to strip away all the distractions and obstacles. Not sure if people understand that God is a jealous God and when Christians start to focus on man or things He will shake things up to get your attention that HE provides all our needs and gives us our desires (wants) of our hearts. It's sometimes painful because the truth comes out and the truth is how he can set us free.

At times, I want something to work so bad that I fight what he is showing me and telling me. The saying to thine own self be true. Well when you are a child of God, self is Christ. Because He lives in every child of God.

So today I will refocus on my heavenly Father as I have in the past. I'm ever so grateful that he does not lose focus of my life the way I have lost focus on him. That's the kind of God I serve and will serve him in spirit and in truth.

Thank you Father for reminding me that I am never alone and you are with me regardless.

1 comment:

Share with Fit Chik 4 Life- What's on your mind?