Sunday, February 21, 2010

Learning to say no!

Hoping all of you had a wonderful weekend.  I have been going through a learning phase and thought I would share it with you, as I know many can relate. I am learning to say no.  I have found that I'm always so willing to help and many times I sacrifice my sanity to do so. I am not alone on this. Many of us do this and we tend to find we are not getting the satisfaction or joy from the action of doing.

Is this a bad thing? Well, yes in some cases. I truly believe, that there should be an automatic sense of joy when you do for others, not a sigh of relief. Even when there is no thank you in return or appreciation you should feel good with just the fact that you gave of yourself to something or someone. I'm learning that when I put me on the back burner to long, I tend to not get joy in doing for others.  Now, some are reading this and maybe saying oh no! that's wrong as a Christian you should always have joy doing for others. The bible does state we should not grow weary in well doing. However, it also states that we must take time for Him.  I feel if Christ is in my heart then is that not a part of my temple which is my body? So if I am taking care of my temple (body and mind) then it is not just for me it is for him also. When I speak on doing for me,  I am referring to things like not taking my devotional time away from Christ. Being sure of getting my workouts in which is part of my therapy to handle this thing called life. Taking a short vacation away from the chaos. I think taking care of the outside is important and taking care of the inside is even more so. At the young age of 39 (smile) God is showing me some powerful things.  I would not be able to see them if I don't slow down sometimes. I am so grateful for those he is placing in my path both good and bad because it is really making me stronger and better than I've been.

So I say ALL this to say, MJ is officially doing her and in return I know I will be able to do so much more for others. Yes God is so good, all the time.

A well cared for tree bares good fruit. However, a diseased and malnourished tree may not bare any fruit at all and the if it does how healthy is it, considering it's source.

Blessings to you all this week.  BTW Update on my training- I am now 18weeks out from shine time on stage. My back has been tight but nothing major and I am steadily able to increase weight and or intensity in my workouts. My diet is starting to be more consistent.  Ya know I am always gonna keep it real for you all. Updated progress pics soon to come. I say in advance, thanks so much for your support.


Remember Live discussion on the FitChik4Life fan page every Mon 9pm est. TALKING FIT!  You got questions, we got answers. Join Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share with Fit Chik 4 Life- What's on your mind?